Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

The Double Standard: Bibles VS Quran

I was doing a little light reading today and it is hard to not see the glaring double standard of both the press and the Muslim world in regards to this week's Quran BBQ brouhaha.

In terms of the Muslim world, I found this great blog posting detailing how Muslims the world over frequently desecrate the Bible. (h/t Planck's Constant) I would like to hear the political and religious leaders of those countries blast the Muslims who carried out such acts.

Fat chance. Surely this is another case of, "Do as I say, not as I do." Muslims have no problem threatening violence if their holy book is burned. The Bible? Meh...

And in terms of the media, I don't remember the media or Obama coming out decrying last year's Halloween Bible Burning in North Carolina. After all, it's such an affront to the religious to desecrate the holy writings. The media would clearly not ignore this one.

Right?

Somehow I can't find a single mention of Obama decrying this clear desecration. I don't see a single article online from MSNBC or CNN that even mentions this. Surprise, surprise.

1 comment:

Hoarfrost said...

It just goes to my theory that Mohamedism is merely a tribal political and military movement and not a religion.

Post a Comment