Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Starting something new...

When I was younger, I was the type of person who held my views in check. I tended to be so-called "polite" in that I did not engage in putting forth ideas or opinions that might rock the boat. It took me a long time to realize that by not doing so, I may in fact be contributing to the boat sinking or capsizing in other ways.

And as such I came to the realization that it is the responsibility of every citizen, of every person, to contribute their perceptions and their ideas to the world. Only through exposure can ideas survive the crucible of reality. And if those ideas pass the test of analysis they may in fact be worth so much more than any degree of being polite.

With that... I am starting something new.

It's time to put my name to my ideas.

It's time to have the courage of my beliefs by testing them in the open where they can be dissected and either corrected or accepted.

I will not apologize for having a perception that is my own as all free people do.

And perhaps I may in fact contribute in ways unseen... a remedy of sorts for the society I have a privilege to be a part of.

So, let's rock...

No comments:

Post a Comment